Welcome to Starburst Academy
Starburst Academy afterschool clubs work in close collaboration with individual schools. Please get in touch if your school is interested in more information or to organise a free trial.
Enjoy Acting? Auditioning for drama school? Need a little help with communicating effectively? Why not find out more about our LAMDA tuition in Acting, Verse and Prose, Speaking in Public, Reading for Performance.
Our results speak for themselves!
Our most recent LAMDA exam session resulted in 36 students all achieving distinction or merit in Acting, Verse and Prose, Speaking in public and Reading for Performance examinations. We are proud that one of our students achieved first place in the Watford Festival for Speech and Drama 2016 in Verse Speaking (Set Poems)
Benefits of performing arts training
Performing Arts is an invaluable way of engaging students and allowing them to explore many aspects of life in a fun way. Each of the disciplines encourages a range of skills including:
- Confidence – sharing thoughts and ideas, speaking in public, performing, taking exams, being able to articulate oneself
- Imagination – being creative, taking ideas and building upon it
- Trust – building friendships and allowing a freedom to express thoughts and ideas
- Dedication – being committed to a group and learning together
- Social skills including empathy and understanding others viewpoints
- Team Work – discussing, negotiating, ownership of work
Starburst Academy takes the safety, care and well-being of every student extremely seriously.